Review Spring Haute Couture 2014

Atelier Versace Haute Couture Spring 2014

Monday, January 20, 2014Unknown

Words by Amanda Jacobson


If I could use only one word to describe Donetella's collection, it would be "glamour." I internally screamed as the models came storming down the runway in cocktail dresses embellished with tiny metal chains, lace details, and geometric cut-outs at the back. As I watched, the collection seemed to only get better.


My heart skipped a few beats as Lindsey Wixson came out in a bedazzled jumpsuit that was very reminiscent of something a boxer would wear. A very sexy boxer, of course. As she strutted down the runway, my heart thudded erratically while she caressed her body with her hands. Immediately I thought, "I have just witnessed a moment in history that will be iconic for years to come."



Recovering from Wixson's artistry, I continued to fall deeper in love with this collection.



I swooned at:






But nothing could prepare me for the finale...

Maria Borges tore up the runway in the most incredible number made from tiny pieces of leather. According to Style.com, "the jacket weighed next to nothing," and that is "a feat only Atelier Versace could pull off"!




Atelier Versace was undoubtedly the best show this season so far.


Full Collection


































































You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images

Contact Form